The trinidad+tobago film festival (ttff) and Flow invite filmmakers to submit short films on the topic of independence to a film competition celebrating the country’s 50th independence anniversary.
We are looking for the best 50-second films that express what independence means to the filmmaker.
Submissions will be accepted on any interpretation of the word independence and filmmakers are encouraged to be as creative as they wish and explore any aspect of what the word means to them.
• Films must be 50 seconds in length
• Films must be on the theme of independence (be creative!)
• Films must be the original work of the filmmaker/filmmakers and must not include any previously
copyrighted material — including background music —without permission
• Filmmakers may submit as many videos as you wish
• The competition is open to all ages, professionals and amateurs
• Entrants must be residents of Trinidad and Tobago
• Minimum resolution for videos: 720 x 480 NTSC
The competition is open from July 01–August 01, 2012.
By submitting a film to the competition, filmmakers agree to allow ttff to use their film in promotional materials, including on our website.
Directors of the five best films will win a Flow package of services. The best film overall will also be awarded TT$5,000 at the ttff awards ceremony on September 30, 2012.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO
Films are to be submitted via a private posting on YouTube. Filmmakers are asked to send the link and password to the ttff at email@example.com.
All entries must be received by the ttff no later than 4pm on Wednesday, August 01.
For more information on call the ttff office at 621.0709 or email firstname.lastname@example.org